Saturday, October 18, 2008

Lulu Angel's New German Dress

Lulu Angel's (10) school celebrates Oktoberfest every year, not with Steins, but with a Dress Up Day, German Lunch and no doubt other cultural activities.
Lulu Angel has worn the same dress since she was 5, so we decided it was time for an upgrade.
It started some months ago when I found a t-shirt at Gymboree which would do perfectly.
I had ideas that I would run up a simple twirly skirt and then make a kind of wide band belt with a lace up centre.

After going to my local fabric store (alone) I settled for a coordinating black and Orange floral for the skirt, with a spot for the laced band belt. After showing Lulu Angel my stash, she was thankfully happy with the fabric choices, but she had different design ideas. Of course her ideas were far more complex too! Our end result was a long floral skirt with spot contrast waist and ruffle with a laced up vest.
Lulu Angel is thrilled and so far has spent her morning twirling about the house happily.

Must be a job well done!



No comments: